My Master -Sadguru Swami Abhedanandaji Maharaj

My Master -Sadguru Swami Abhedanandaji Maharaj
ശ്രീ അഭേദ പദാംഭോജം ഭാവയാമി ഹൃദന്തരെ ഭവതാപ വിനാശായ പാവനം പാപ മോചനം

Thursday 2 September 2010

CHAPTER X - VIBHOOTI YOGA( YOGA OF DIVINE GLORIES)

In Chapter IX, the Lord told Arjuna that the entire universe is pervaded by Him and He alone is the origin and ultimate resting place of all beings.The Chapter was concluded with the advice that having come to this world of miseries, man's only duty was to worship the Lord with undivided mind and remain in constant union with Him so that ultimately he will reach the Supreme goal, the eternal abode of the Lord. In this Chapter the Lord reveals to Arjuna as to how He manifests Himself in the universe as different objects and how He is to be worshipped by sincere devotees.
Sree Bhagavan said:-Arjuna, My dear friend! Now listen again to these most important words of Mine, which are spoken out of My love towards you and solicitude for your welfare.(X-1)
Neither the celestial beings nor the sages know the secret of My origin(as to how I come forth into this world in different forms ,employing My Yoga Maya) because I am the one from whom all of them take their origin. Any one who realises Me as the Supreme Lord of the universe, having no birth or origin, his intellect never gets deluded and he becomes free from all sins.(X-2,3)
Diverse traits such as right reasoning, knowledge, proper understanding, forbearance, truthfulness,control of mind and senses, joy, sorrow, existence, non-existence, fear, fearlessness, non-injury to others, equanimity, contentment , austerity , charity, fame and ignominy appearing in various creations have emanated from Me alone.(X-4,5)
The seven great Rishis(Marichi, Angiras, Atri, Bhrigu, Vasishtan,Pulahan,Pulastyan), their four elders(Sanakan, Sanandan, Santanan, Sanalkumaran),and the fourteen Manus starting from Swayambhuva Manu, are part of My Being and born out of My own will. All other creations in the world have have descended from them only.Those who understand the essence of these manifestations of Mine and My power of Yoga, they will undoubtedly become established in Me through their ardent love and devotion towards Me.(X-6,7)
The wise, who understand Me as the origin and motive force of everything in this world, worship Me with clear understanding and unfailing devotion .Having their mind fixed in Me, and their soul merged in Me, they speak about Me among themselves and enlightening one another about My glories, rejoice and entertain themselves without break. To these devotees of Mine, who remain united with Me at all times and worship Me with ardent love,I confer that Yoga of Wisdom through which they ultimately reach Me. As an act of extreme compassion towards them , I being the in-dweller of their inner Self, dispel the darkness of ignorance in them by kindling the light of Knowledge(X-8,9,10,11)
Arjuna said:-
Oh My Lord!You are undoubtedly the Supreme Brahman, the prime Abode and the ultimate purifier;You are the eternal Being,the first among all divine Beings, unborn ans all pervading. This has been previously said by the great Rishis of the yore, and reiterated by divine sage Narada and other sages like Asita, Devala and Vyasa. Above all, You have now confirmed it in Your own words. (X-12,13)
Oh Keshava! the Creator of all beings! Ruler of all creatures! God of all gods! Lord of the universe! the Supreme Being! When You tell Me this , I am sure that it is cent percent true, because You alone can know Yourself fully and not any others including the Devas or Asuras.(X-14,15)
Therefore, I beseech You; kindly enlighten me about all Your divine glories, whereby You have been pervaded all over this universe. Also instruct me, through what process of meditation and in what particular form or forms can I meditate constantly and realise You, Oh! Master of Yoga! Oh! Janardhana! destroyer of miseries!Tell me in greater detail the power of Your Yoga and Your glories. I have no satiety in hearing Your nectar-like words.(X-16,17,18)
Sree Bhagavan said:-Arjuna!There is no end for My divine glories and My manifestations are too countless to be narrated. However, I shall now tell you about some of the more important ones. (X-19)
Oh! Gudakesha(one who has conquered slumber) Primarily, I am the Atman that dwells in all beings; I am also the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings. (X-20)
Among the twelve sons of Aditi (known as Adityas) I am Vishnu; among the radiant objects I am the Sun; among the forty-nine wind-gods, I am Marichi; and among the stars in the sky I am the Moon.(X-21)
Among the Vedas , I am Samaveda ; among the divine beings, I am Indra; among senses I am the mind that controls them; and I am the life-giving energy in all living beings.(X-22)
Among the eleven Rudras(gods of destruction), I am Sankara(Siva); among Yakshas and Rakshas, I am Kubera the god of wealth: among the eight Vasus, I am the fire-god; and among mountains I am the Meru mountain.(X-23)
Arjuna! know that among the priests, I am their chief Brhaspati, among army-commanders I am Skanda, the commander-in-chief of the army of gods; and among waters I am the ocean (X-24)
Among great Rishis, I am Bhrgu; among letters I am the sacred syllable OM; among Yajnas I am Japa Yajna and among immovable objects I am Himalaya.(X-25)
I am Aswatha(holy fig tree) among all trees; I am Narada, the divine sage; among Gandharvas(celestial musicians) I am Chitraradha and among the perfected souls I am sage Kapila.(X-26)
Among horses, known me as Uchaishrava, the one that emanated from the ocean of milk along with nectar; among the great elephants I am Airavata(Indra's elephant) and I am the king among men.(X-27)
Among weapons, I am Vajra( thunderbolt); among cows I am Kamadhenu ,the heavenly cow;in procreation, I am the urge for sexual union;and I am Vasuki among poisonous snakes.(X-28)
Among non-poisonous snakes, I am Ananta; I am Varuna the king of aquatic creatures; among the Manes, I am Aryama and Yama, the god of death, among administrators of justice.X-29)
Among the descendants of Diti, I am Prahlada; among those who measure I am time; I am lion among beasts and Garuda (Vishnu's vehicle) among birds.(X-30)
Among purifying agents, I am wind; I am Sri Rama among great warriors;I am the shark among fishes and the Ganges among big streams.(X-31)
Arjuna I am the beginning, the middle and end of all creations. Among all kinds of knowledge, I am the spiritual knowledge ; and in all debaters , I am logical reasoning.(X-32)
In every alphabet, I am the first letter sounding 'A'; among compound words I am Dwandwa, the compound in which all component words have equal importance; I am verily the endless Time, and the supporter of every thing, having My faces every where and on all sides.(X-33)
I am Death that destroys everything;I am the origin for all that shall be born; and I am the noble qualities of glory, prosperity, sweet words, memory power, intelligence, stead-fastness and forbearance, appearing in women.(X-34)
Likewise, I am Brhatsama among the various hymns in the Samaveda; I am the sacred Gayatri among Vedic Mantras; I am the month of Margashirsha among calendar months ; and among the seasons of weather, I am the flowering spring season.(X-35)
Among deceitful games, I am the dice-play; I am the glory in the glorious and victory in the victorious; and I am the goodness of the good.(X-36)
I am Krishna among the Vrishnis; Arjuna among the Pandavas; Vyasa among the sages; and sage Shukracharya among illumined poets.(X-37)
I am the penal law and power of authority in those who enforce law; I am sense of justice in those who seek to win others; I am the act of silence in all things to be kept secret; and I am the wisdom of the wise.(X-38)
Oh! Arjuna! I am indeed that, which acts as the seed for everything in this world, and there is nothing, animate or inanimate that exists without Me.(X-39)
There is no limit to My divine manifestations,nor can they be enumerated. Oh! destroyer of enemies! What I have described is only a small part of My glories.(X-40)
Whatever in this world is powerful, beautiful and glorious, you may understand it to have come forth as a partial manifestation of My divine power and glory.(X-41)
But what need have you Arjuna , to know all these varieties in detail?Just understand this much, that the entire universe is pervaded and sustained by Me using a small fraction of My Divine Power. (X-42)
Thus ends the Tenth Chapter of Sreemad Bhagavad Gita entitled Vibhooti Yoga(The Yoga of Divine glories)





No comments: